Who we are
Our website address is: www.solarframe.co.uk
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Cookies help us to provide you with a better website experience by enabling us to recognise those pages you find useful and those you don’t. You can be reassured that they don’t give us access to your computer or any information other than the details you choose to share with us. Cookies are used on most websites and we believe that the benefits from their proper use are worthwhile – we hope you agree.
What exactly is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that’s placed on your computer’s hard drive via your browser. It helps the use of our interactive devices and allows our website to respond to you as an individual. The site can be tailored to your needs, likes and dislikes by remembering information about your preferences.
How to manage cookies
All internet browsers allow you to manage the cookies stored on your computer. You can set the browser to enable cookies, notify you of cookie placement requests, or decline cookies completely. However, if you decline them, you’ll find a reduced functionality on this site. You can also delete the files that contain cookies, but the way you manage them depends on which browser you have:
Google Chrome – Manage your cookies and site data
Mozilla Firefox – Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences
Internet Explorer (9+) – How to manage cookies in Internet Explorer
You can find some excellent guides on managing your cookies at allaboutcookies.org.
SolarFrame Direct Ltd (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting this website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is SolarFrame Direct Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number, 06718821/0699016 with its registered office Davey Road, Goldthorpe, Rotherham, S63 0JF
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Amy Blythe
1. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
The information you give us will include your name, address, email address and phone number, as well as preliminary information about your business.
This also includes information that we receive from third parties, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and so on. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Social Media platforms
We operate social media platforms. These platforms are, in most cases, operated outside of the EU and do not comply with the current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision, although they may conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol.
It is our process and protocol that any personally identifiable data gathered on these platforms is only in response to users interacting out of their own volition with our marketing pages. The contact is deemed as a legitimate business enquiry. The personal contact data is removed from the site once the enquiry is processed or the user has requested so.
We may record calls to our business to aid training and compliance purposes. Our phone system will also store information on the time, length, source and destination of a phone call from who to who which we process to monitor the effectiveness of our service.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. We anonymise this data at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than two years.
2. Uses made of the information
All information about you that we collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we, or our selected partners, offer that are similar or relevant to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, such contact will only be made by email or phone from which you can opt out at any time;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Where We Store Your Personal Data” section below for more details).
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site;
- Third party support services, such as, but not limited to project management tools, accounting systems and hosting data centre.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Your rights
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent or we no longer provide your children with education);
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we are permitted to charge a small fee of no more than £10 in respect of our administrative costs.
If you would like to request the information we hold about you under a Subject Access Request (“SAR”) you can email us at email@example.com
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact Amy Blythe at SolarFrame Direct, Davey Road, Goldthorpe, Rotherham, S63 0JF. or lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website (https://ico.org.uk).
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Last Modified: 23rd July 2019